Thursday, March 28, 2013

I think I love hiatuses...

Since I last blogged (from Orlando! Now I'm in Blacksburg, VA, the wonderful little town I went to college in!) I finished revising my prelim draft of the Les Mis/Star Wars mash-up, and have sent it away to be torn apart by people far smarter than me.

image
Which pretty much means I spent most of two days doing this.

Also, this is totally apropos of nothing, but I found this on Tumblr just now:
I just...this is amazing.

So, what am I doing in my free time now, you ask?  Well, first, I'm trying to detox from all the Les Mis I've been listening to for the past three months.  I could probably pick out every single part of the harmonies, and perform the whole show on my own thanks to the hours (the total of which, I'm scared to add up) that I spent listening to the soundtrack.

Don't get me wrong, I love this show - if I didn't, I wouldn't have tried to do a retelling - and I'm working my way through the actual book, too!  But, for now, I'm slowly listening to music that's NOT the 10th Anniversary Concert Special soundtrack and figuring out what to write next.

I've got a story idea (or two, or three, or more), and I'm quite excited about all of the possibilities.  But, right now, I'm also excited about my hiatus.  You see, the drafting process for my Les Mis retelling was a pretty intense three-month-long-I-don't-do-anything-else-but-write-this-when-I'm-not-at-work-or-in-class.  I got this consumed with a story when I wrote ASTRAL, too, and although I love both stories, I need a bit of a writing break.  

I plan to catch up on my beta-reading pile, catch up on my TBR pile, plot ze next book ('cause this one actually calls for an outline...yeesh!), oh, and do fun things like Guest Post on blogs!  Be on the lookout for lots of fun things this coming Wednesday, when I'll be on the YA Misfits blog talking about worldbuilding!

Until then, well, I'm still kind of on blog hiatus...but that'll change in April, so YAY!

See ya on Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment