Wednesday, October 17, 2012

*breathes into paper bag* THE ODDS WERE IN MY FAVOR!!!

So last night I decided to enter a lottery for Jamie Corrigan's Spooktacular Pitch Contest at LITERALLY the eleventh hour.  The entry window was only open for, like, one more hour and I thought, "Hey, just go ahead and throw your name in - there are already around 740 entries, and only 50 people get picked, so what the heck, might as well try.  It's not like you have a history of winning anything, anyways."

I talked myself into entering the lottery, and went to bed, not thinking too much about it (truthfully, I was more excited to see who got picked, in case I recognized anyone else's names on the list - I love cheering people on!).

Then I woke up this morning, and hopped on over to Jamie's blog to see who the lucky, lucky people are.

And what did I see when I scrolled down to the bottom of the list?!?


I'm the fifth one from the bottom.

And 

I

flipped

out.

Like, seriously, I almost upended my cereal bowl, and pretty much dance floated to my car.  After an awesome 3-line pitch critique from my CP, I sent my submission in, and now I get to wait for Saturday to roll around...'cause then the real fun begins!

Keep your fingers crossed for me, friends!  If you want to see how the scoring system works, or get more contest deets, click here!  This is one time where I'm actually looking forward to getting egged and TP'd!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

5 comments:

  1. Remind me to check it out on the weekend (yes, for serious remind me, I'm old and I'll probably forget in the next two days), because I want to do some egg-throwing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you will have frantic email reminders from me on Saturday...because I. Will. Be. Panicking.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. aww thank you!!! I hope Pitch On is going well!!!

      Delete
    2. OH MY GOD I JUST CHECKED THE RESULTS AND ASHOQIEHRIAWKJFHISLKFBCKJDBCSUHDCK

      CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!!

      Delete