Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Next Big Thing AND Reader Appreciation Award (aka I'm wayyyy behind on blog awards! woops!)

Jeanette over at Folio Road tagged me with The Next Big Thing Award!  Here's more insight into my precioussss WIP!

What is the working title of your book?

Astral :)

Where did the idea come from?

The longer answer is on my GUTGAA Meet and Greet post, but the short answer is a love of Fringe, Firefly, and Minority Report!  Also, as I thought about Fringe I tossed around the notion of how it would feel to be in a love triangle...with yourself and another person.  But it's not really you, andddddddddd...that's all I'm saying.

What genre does your book fall under?

I'm gonna go with YA Sci-fi with Paranormal elements.  Or maybe Thriller.  Can I just make it ALL THE THINGS and be done with it?!?

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie?

Uhhhh, whichever ones the studio would pick ;D  I'm not a casting director!  Also, let's not count our chickens before the hatch...I still have to finish writing the book!

What is the one sentence synopsis if your book?

To save both universes, Bastian Reynolds must team up with the other universe's version of his dead ex-girlfriend - oh, and she's also the girl who's destined to kill him.

Will your books be self-published or represented by an agency?

I am not nearly cool enough to do the self-publishing thing (for reals, though), so I would LOVE to be represented by an agency!  One can dream :)

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

Two months - the most intense (but intensely awesome) two months ever!

Who or what inspired you to write the book?

The idea came from different aspects of Fringe and Minority Report - there was also something else that inspired it, but to point it out would be kind of spoilery.  I won't do that to you...

What else about your book would pique the reader's interest?

I think it's got a lot of action, a little romance, and a whole lot of telepathic conversations.  And one of these things involves Dr. Seuss.  Not telling you which :P

So, now it's time to pass it on!  I'm sending this to some of my fabulous LitReactor classmates!

First is L.G. over at Ramblings of a Redhead because her MC is a girl named Alex (which is something I can relate to!).  And because the story she's working on is fabulous!

Second is Jen over at Almost Grown Up!  She's got a lot of good stuff on that site (book reviews galore!) and her personal blog is also quite fun!  So hop over and check them out!

AND NOW IT'S TIME FOR MY SECOND AWARD.  BECAUSE I'M SUPER SLOW WITH AWARDS.  SORRY!

Tamara over at One Magic Bean Buyer gave me a reader appreciation award for helping her out with her first 150 words during GUTGAA!  So, now it's time for me to keep the award-train going!


THA RULEZ

  • Identify and show appreciation for the blogger who nominated you
  • Add the reward logo to your blog
  • Tell your readers seven things about yourself
  • Nominate 5-10 of your favorite bloggers for the award
  • Inform your nominees that you nominated them
MY SEVEN RANDOM THINGS (that are not already in the "Who am I?"  section)
  1. I severely DISLIKE intolerant people.  Especially those who claim they can't understand people with accents.  Just listen.  You'll get it, I promise.
  2. I go to the movies whenever I need to relieve stress.
  3. I have "Runner's Knee" even though the only time I run is when I'm being chased.  Which isn't often.
  4. My Mom is from the Philippines, and my Dad is from Maine.  This has resulted in me looking "ethnically ambiguous."
  5. My least favorite question is "What are you?"  which gets asked because I look "ethnically ambiguous."
  6. My answer to said question is always, "Well, first of all, I'm a person."
  7. Oh, I was in chorus from the fifth grade until I graduated high school.  I did not pursue it during undergrad, which is something that I will always regret.
Time to pass this thing on!

To Jeannette, over at Folio Road, for being the best CP ever!  Like in the history of CPs.  She rocks!
To Sus, over at  Book Reviews by Sus for being awesome and voting for me in the EVER bloghop :)  AND for being another ACC-er!
To Catherine, over at C Scully write, C Scully run... for bonding with her husband over how the wonderfully horrendous movie, "Ginger Snaps," and for always being on Twitter :)
To Christine, over at Finding the End of the World another LitReactor classmate, fairy-tale connoisseur  and frequent tweet-er!
To Talynn, over at Ink in the Book for having one of the coolest blogs I have ever seen (and for taking the time to read my EVER blog hop submission, even though we're competing haha)! 

*phew* I'm all caught up on awards now!  I'll be posting my Get Your Pitch On critique tomorrow, so get excited (because I know I am)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment