Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Insecure Wednesdays are Insecure

So, it's not the first Wednesday of the month, which means it's not officially time for an Insecure Writer's Support Group post.

But.

I'm feeling insecure.  So this is your warning.

Danger, Will Robinson.  This post contains some (constructive) whining.

Right.  I've posted before about having awesome bonding moments with my MCs.  And I wouldn't give those up for the world.  For reals.

But, truthfully, I've got about 16,700 words written so far.  And I'm terrified.

All of my initial feedback - from my CP, from awesome friends that I've sent the first bit to - has been pretty amazing.  It's been positive, people have said they wanted to read more/couldn't stop reading/loved the characters.  And at first I did many, many happy dances around the apartment.

I'm still doing happy dances.

But I don't want to suck.  I want to make sure that the rest of my story is as edge-of-your-seat-good as the first 16,700 words.  And I'm terrified that it won't be.  What if I drop the proverbial ball, and end up writing 50,000 more words that are garbage?  What if this story doesn't sense at the end?  What if I bore everyone to death with my "what if" questions?

I guess I'm just a little anxious and self-doubty.  I know it's a normal thing, and it's good not to be arrogant, etc.  And I don't think there's really anything I can do about it, other than write my best.  Tell the best story I can, stay true to the characters I love, and always, always care about what I do.

So, with the whining out of the way, I'm going to roll my writer-sleeves back up and get back to work.  Because there's still lots to be done - and way more awesomeness to accomplish!


No comments:

Post a Comment