Monday, September 17, 2012

"Because I like to keep my crazy all to myself?" - International Book Week (Maybe)

So this is one of those "I-saw-it-on-facebook-so-it-must-be-true-things."  One of my friends posted this as their status:

Though he practically muzzled himself to keep from saying so, Sam obviously thought Bill should not have agreed to my going.

It's international book week. The rules: grab the closest book to you, turn to page 52, post the 5th sentence as your status. Don't mention the title. Copy the rules as part of your status.

Obviously I had to keep the thing going, so my response was the title of this post.  I might have broken the rules slightly by walking across the room to grab the book that I am currently reading, instead of the one closest to me (trust me, you don't want to know what my law book says).  But, for funsies, let's see what other lines I can find in the books sitting around our living room.

---------

The spirit did her good.

The butcher would buy my rabbits but not squirrels.

I try to sit up, but I move too fast and have to bite my lip from the pain.

"Aspen?"

EMERGENCY, TAIHANG DISTRICT JUNKYARD.

----------

I'll probably post more later in the week, but you should give it a go!  That was way too much fun :)  Just grab a book, flip to page 52 and find the fifth sentence!

Even if it's really not International Book Week*, you can still pass along the book love!

*I tried to research it but am a poor researcher.  If someone finds an article or something a bit stronger than Facebook heresay, do let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment