Friday, September 21, 2012

ALL THE UPDATES (and a pitch workshop!)

Hello blogging world!

If you're looking for my Ever flashfiction entry, click here!  Or scroll down.  And if you want to vote for it, please put VOTE in your comment!  Thanks :)

I apologize for the long, long gap in-between posts.  I've been working on my WIP (28,000 words woooooooooooooooo!!!!) and, of course, there's grad school, my assistantship, TV...oh, and I've just finished GIRL OF NIGHTMARES by Kendare Blake.

If you've read ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD, what are you waiting for?!?  Go buy the sequel and read. it. now.

If you haven't read ANNA, go buy the book.  Right now.

I have a couple of awards that I still have to pick up/pass on.  I have not forgotten about them and WILL have those posts up soon, I promise!

Andddddddddd now it's time for the most awesome update today!

I would also like to announce that I am going to be hosting a pitch workshop on my blog, in preparation for GET YOUR PITCH ON.  I thought it would be a cool way to be supportive of all my writer friends, and still be involved without entering the contest!

So, without further ado, here's the info:









Workshops for Get Your Pitch On will start on October 1, but you can send your pitches through now to secure your spot with a host blog.

There is no date deadline for the workshops. Each blog has allocated a set number of pitches that they can host and once those spots are full then no more submissions will be taken.

Important Rule: If you want to participate in a workshop, you must be prepared to comment on at least one other pitch.

How to submit: Email your draft pitch to pitchonws@gmail.com and include PitchOnWS and the title of the manuscript in the subject line. Pitches must follow the formatting as specified for the Get Your Pitch On contest. If you missed if before check out this post here and you can see the list of blogs participating here.

Draft pitches will be evenly distributed between host blogs.

And interview with Commissioning and Managing Editor of Hardie Grant Egmont, Marisa Pintado, will be coming up soon on my blog so that you have an idea what she's looking for before she takes your pitches both here on Down Under Wonderings and on my group blog YAtopia on October 15th. The exact contest opening times will be included in that post.

Have fun honing your pitches!



post signature









That's all I've got for now!  I'll put the call up for pitch submissions soon, so be sure to check back for more details on Monday!  Time for me to get back to writing - goal for the end of the weekend is 30,000 words!

No comments:

Post a Comment